1

Topic: Question on buses vs microservices.

Hello. Continuing here this Author:  Date: 09.03 14:26 I want to explain for myself the following question - as buses and microservices interact among themselves? I can something missed or was tangled in terminology, but what for to do microservices on the basis of Erlang+rabbitmq (plus  type masstransit)? For me microservice it standalone application (service) which can communicate with same on soap or rest or still any rpc? If it so, what all it concerns architecture on the basis of the bus? Whether correctly I understand, what service which listens to the bus about its interesting messages too can be microservice? It seemed to me that all services interacting with the bus disappear under an abbreviation "bus" (e sb), i.e. at us the centralized place to which all write is taken or I read, while in microservices peer-to-peer. I.e. or at us architecture on the basis of the bus, or microservices. The mention of the bus and microservices in one context enters me into bewilderment... In advance I thank.

2

Re: Question on buses vs microservices.

3

Re: Question on buses vs microservices.

Hello, Sharov, you wrote: S> I can something missed or was tangled in terminology, but what for to do microservices on the basis of Erlang+rabbitmq (plus  type masstransit)? For me microservice it standalone application (service) which can communicate with same on soap or rest or still any rpc? If it so, what all it concerns architecture on the basis of the bus? Whether correctly I understand, what service which listens to the bus about its interesting messages too can be microservice? It seemed to me that all services interacting with the bus disappear under an abbreviation "bus" (e sb), i.e. at us the centralized place to which all write is taken or I read, while in microservices peer-to-peer. I.e. or at us architecture on the basis of the bus, or microservices. The mention of the bus and microservices in one context enters me into bewilderment... Notification messages or the postponed event handling from queue are quite implemented through buses. Here an essence in asynchrony. Especially microservices can be disparate and not have access to each other directly.

4

Re: Question on buses vs microservices.

Hello, neFormal, you wrote: F> notification messages or the postponed event handling from queue are quite implemented through buses. F> here an essence in asynchrony. F> especially microservices can be disparate and not have access to each other directly. Whether correctly I understand - asynchrony is, it is possible to speak about , i.e. the bus or not the bus not important, the main thing that services could work asynchronously?

5

Re: Question on buses vs microservices.

Hello, Sharov, you wrote: F>> notification messages or the postponed event handling from queue are quite implemented through buses. F>> here an essence in asynchrony. F>> especially microservices can be disparate and not have access to each other directly. Whether S> Correctly I understand - asynchrony is, it is possible to speak about , i.e. the bus or not the bus not important, the main thing that services could work asynchronously? No, services can be (and  are) synchronous is more often. Simply some tasks which it is expensive and not mandatory to fulfill synchronously (for example, aggregation of the data, regular the notification message etc.) It is possible to carry out through queues/tyres on the postponed handling. But it in a direction ` the user-> application `. And if to implement the synchronous exchange with the user the backward direction is necessary also. Through buses it too can be made. Only there is an additional loading on a network. Service throws to other service the message in queue and looks forward to hearing from the queue. Asynchrony is not present, but each microservice works only with small API.

6

Re: Question on buses vs microservices.