1

Topic: Grouping and domain D_BOOLEAN

Good afternoon!
On not absolutely pleasant rake came across. There is a table in which some fields can accept only logical values. Therefore as the domain for them it is specified D_BOOLEAN, fields on which basis FiB' treat as logical. And in Grid' it are displayed accordingly if sampling goes directly from the table or simple representation on the basis of the table.
If to add in representation grouping (not affecting this field with aggregate functions) initial types of fields are lost and are replaced something from series RDB$xxxx with type INTEGER.
Attempts explicitly to specify value type through cast desirable result do not give.
Why and ?
FB 2.5.7

2

Re: Grouping and domain D_BOOLEAN

Kirill Razuvaev;
> Domain D_BOOLEAN, fields on which basis FiB' treat as logical
pFIBDataSet emulates type boolean. It is necessary to disconnect an option:
<MyFibDataSet>.PrepareOptions.psUseBooleanField: = False;
Well, or to change a domain name so that in his name would not be BOOLEAN or BOOL.
Yours faithfully, Polesov.

3

Re: Grouping and domain D_BOOLEAN

Polesov wrote:

Well or to change a domain name so that in his name would not be BOOLEAN or BOOL.

the HARDWARE wants opposite.:-Q

4

Re: Grouping and domain D_BOOLEAN

Kirill Razuvaev wrote:

If to add in representation grouping (not affecting this field with aggregate functions) initial types of fields are lost and are replaced something from series RDB$xxxx with type INTEGER.
Attempts explicitly to specify value type through cast desirable result do not give.
Why and ?
FB 2.5.7

the Choice big:
1. To take 3.0 with natural Boolean type.
2. To remain on 2.5, but  determination of Boolean fields in FIB' at usage of requests (for example to get the table with descriptions of fields for each necessary request).

5

Re: Grouping and domain D_BOOLEAN

dennis-r wrote:

it is passed...
Choice big:
1. To take 3.0 with natural Boolean type.
2. To remain on 2.5, but  determination of Boolean fields in FIB' at usage of requests (for example to get the table with descriptions of fields for each necessary request).

2. Put, generally speaking, not in FiB'. Not clearly, why in "simple" representation FB saves initial types (domains) of fields, and at grouping loses them though fields are not used in aggregate functions and therefore, their size cannot change at grouping performance.