1

Topic: Automatic UDP forwarding

There are two machines, both in a house network behind a router, on application which exchanges the data with remote machine on RTP is by turns tested. Is read and obeys two UDP a socket on different ports. When I start application by one machine the data comes only on the first port when I launch by the second machine, the data comes only on the second port. Sometimes all works correctly, and the data comes to both ports. I somewhere read that if application sends the data in defined UDP port of a remote node and simultaneously causes bind (2) for the same port the router automatically installs port forwarding for some time. But search gives nothing, and I do not know an exact title of this technology. Under the description approaches Firewall pinhole, but I cannot find technical details.

2

Re: Automatic UDP forwarding

What purposes that pursue? UDP hole punch?

3

Re: Automatic UDP forwarding

Hello, reversecode, you wrote: R> what purposes that pursue? R> UDP hole punch? The purpose - to achieve the correct operation of application that at program start by any machine the data arrived on both ports instead of as I described.

4

Re: Automatic UDP forwarding

Hello, mbait, you wrote: M> There are two machines, both in a house network behind a router, on application which exchanges the data with remote machine on RTP is by turns tested. Is read and obeys two UDP a socket on different ports. When I start application by one machine the data comes only on the first port when I launch by the second machine, the data comes only on the second port. Sometimes all works correctly, and the data comes to both ports. If you already had terms like RTP do how normally in a telephony becomes. Put the exterior STUN-server and punch a hole in NAT as it does the same freeswitch.

5

Re: Automatic UDP forwarding

I will stay the telepathist that as you want, becomes on another and that as it works - it works correctly in that type as you received, though the result does not suit you

6

Re: Automatic UDP forwarding

Hello, Glory, you wrote: If you already had terms like RTP do how normally in a telephony becomes. Put the exterior STUN-server and punch a hole in NAT as it does the same freeswitch. And you are assured, what the author of a question understood you?

7

Re: Automatic UDP forwarding

Hello, Nikolay_Ch, you wrote:> If you already had terms like RTP do how normally in a telephony becomes. Put the exterior STUN-server and punch a hole in NAT as it does the same freeswitch. N_C> And you are assured, what the author of a question understood you? Well he about RTP wrote, so a sign with a subject. And I gave the link.

8

Re: Automatic UDP forwarding

Hello, Glory, you wrote: Hello, mbait, you wrote: M>> There are two machines, both in a house network behind a router, on application which exchanges the data with remote machine on RTP is by turns tested. Is read and obeys two UDP a socket on different ports. When I start application by one machine the data comes only on the first port when I launch by the second machine, the data comes only on the second port. Sometimes all works correctly, and the data comes to both ports. If you already had terms like RTP do how normally in a telephony becomes. Put the exterior STUN-server and punch a hole in NAT as it does the same freeswitch. I thank, but I already have methods of bypass NAT. Me the reason on which application works thus interests. Why  one port goes on one machine, and another - on the second? Business in RTP, or it does not depend on the protocol? There are any means to look at rules which form? On a router costs dd-wrt, and, accordingly, many commands  should be accessible.

9

Re: Automatic UDP forwarding

Hello, reversecode, you wrote: R> and that as it works - it works correctly in that type as you received, though the result does not suit you Me all arranges, I try to understand the reason. It is possible more in detail why it so works? As on one of channels RTP-packages I suspect are transferred that the router sees it and reacts somehow strange. On the second there is control data in the free format. As wrote in a branch above, methods of bypass NAT are implemented and work, but it is interesting to me to understand, why the network works so, instead of differently.