1

Topic: VS 2017 and setting of extensions

I at last delivered myself VS 2017 Community Edition, there were many pleasant and convenient trifles, useful at code writing. But here that happens with extensions? To install the extension, it is necessary: to find the extension to add it in queue on setting to interrupt operation and to close studio to discover a small window of a fitter of extensions to push in it the button to wait completions of its operation and to close it to open studio Who and what for invented this delirium? In VS 2015 was not so much steps and other ritual actions.

2

Re: VS 2017 and setting of extensions

Hello, Vladek, you wrote: V> Who and what for invented this delirium? In VS 2015 was not so much steps and other ritual actions. Well generally was almost as, only the order was another. I.e.  at open studio but that the extension earned, reboot all the same was required.

3

Re: VS 2017 and setting of extensions

Hello, Michael Romanov, you wrote: > Hello, Vladek, you wrote: V>> Who and what for invented this delirium? In VS 2015 was not so much steps and other ritual actions. > Well generally was almost as, only the order was another. I.e.  at open studio but that the extension earned, reboot all the same was required. I already some times closed studio that extensions were delivered, and then again opened it and extensions were not - and all this time for a desktop hung a window with the button which I what for should push is mandatory that extensions taki-were put.

4

Re: VS 2017 and setting of extensions

Hello, Vladek, you wrote: V> I already some times closed studio that extensions were delivered, and then again opened it and extensions were not - and all this time for a desktop hung a window with the button which I what for should push is mandatory that extensions taki-were put. Found the following formal reply apropos : The a Visual Studio team has determined that this issue is not a bug. In order to prevent VS from being put into a corrupt state (when files are changed while VS is running) we now require VS to be shut down before installing/uninstalling extensions. To change something do not gather.

5

Re: VS 2017 and setting of extensions

Hello, Vladek, you wrote: V> I already some times closed studio that extensions were delivered, and then again opened it and extensions were not - and all this time for a desktop hung a window with the button which I what for should push is mandatory that extensions taki-were put. Well I do not know, I somehow got used at once to the such also me such behavior especially did not get. By the way, in something even it is more convenient, since he allows to deliver in a crowd at once some extensions. I.e. at initiating adjustment specified that is necessary, then closed studio, waited a fitter and  at once all.