1

Topic: 10 nm

At me 45 nm Core Quad, I think  (, a bayan the Author: Ejnstok Fajr Date: 22.08.17, it appears) I correctly I understand that it is necessary to wait couple of years, because: 1) 10 nm it is the last processors of current type and it will not be essential less already  (6 nm like a physical limit) 2)  meltdown and spectre

2

Re: 10 nm

Hello, , you wrote: > Hello, Ejnstok Fajr, you wrote: >> I correctly understand that it is necessary to wait couple of years, because: >> 1) 10 nm it is the last processors of current type and it will not be essential less already  (6 nm like a physical limit) >> 2)  meltdown and spectre > yes like race of arms of gigahertz practically ended... > my lousy   year, i5, VS2017 pulls, it is happy as an elephant, what for to change? Well they almost on 30 % reduced productivity by means of patches for meltdown and spectre, now it is possible to sell a product which returns all back.

3

Re: 10 nm

Hello, Ejnstok Fajr, you wrote: > I correctly understand that it is necessary to wait couple of years, because: > 1) 10 nm it is the last processors of current type and it will not be essential less already  (6 nm like a physical limit) > 2)  meltdown and spectre Nanometers already everywhere "Chinese", so practically . For the sake of the second likely it is possible and to wait. But it is necessary to wait till next year, and even it is more.... <<RSDN@Home 1.0.0 alpha 5 rev. 0>>

4

Re: 10 nm

Hello, Ejnstok Fajr, you wrote: > At me 45 nm Core Quad, I think  (, a bayan the Author: Ejnstok Fajr Date: 22.08.17, it appears) > I correctly I understand that it is necessary to wait couple of years, because: > 1) 10 nm it is the last processors of current type and it will not be essential less already  (6 nm like a physical limit) > 2)  meltdown and spectre the Following generation of processors AMD, Zen 2, will be on 7 nanometers. Vendors already now sound plans to 3 nanometers.

5

Re: 10 nm

DR> the Following generation of processors AMD, Zen 2, will be on 7 nanometers. Vendors already now sound plans to 3 nanometers. You to me mine  spoiled all. I thought to buy Samsung Galaxy S9 + (it 10nm), to it a dual-processor board from supermicro with Xeon on 10nm (that a software in the emulator to write). And now all is again obsolete!

6

Re: 10 nm

Hello, Ejnstok Fajr, you wrote: > You to me I  spoiled all. You thought once to buy and all life to use? Not, now a trend another, be going to buy regularly.... <<RSDN@Home 1.0.0 alpha 5 rev. 0>>

7

Re: 10 nm

Hello, , you wrote: > yes like race of arms of gigahertz practically ended... > my lousy   year, i5, VS2017 pulls, it is happy as an elephant, what for to change? My previous computer 8 with superfluous fulfilled years, about one and a half years ago changed, is exceptional because of burned down mother.

8

Re: 10 nm

Hello, Ejnstok Fajr, you wrote: > I correctly understand that it is necessary to wait couple of years to Wait it is possible indefinitely. > 1) 10 nm it is the last processors of current type and it will not be essential less already  (6 nm like a physical limit) Is not present. 7nm already mastered, commercial release soon begins. There are plans on 4nm (read - already conducted all researches and build factories). > 2)  meltdown and spectre If to you it is important, it is possible to wait. Meltdown Intel  in the end of this year, about Spectre . I personally do not see sense to be pointed at it. If you not collect the server (judging by core quad - are not present), you will not note these shares of percent. If you do not sell the virtual servers, to you to these meltdown and spectra generally affairs should not be. Personally I if it wanted to be updated, would wait at present for the following of Intel and would buy 8-nuclear  core i7 (on hearings it will be such),  and  then to disperse on the tomatoes.

9

Re: 10 nm

Hello, Ejnstok Fajr, you wrote: > At me 45 nm Core Quad, I think  (, a bayan the Author: Ejnstok Fajr Date: 22.08.17, there is) Yes, you not the first who does not know what even at Pentium Skylake type G4400 one kernel in 3 times faster than  Core 2 Quad.