Topic: Firebird 2.5.8 SuperClassic - hangs up because of a great number of connections
Windows Server 2008 R2, Firebird 2.5.8 SuperClassic.
Literally one of these days led an upgrade to 2.5.8 from version 2.5.2 on which without special problems were since 2012 as in version 2.5.2 found out an unpleasant bug c slow operation sweep .
Configuration files saved (in the core, almost all has been installed by default, except a directory for temporal files and the size of a gain of a file of a database, necessarily I can lay out), security a database saved. Client libraries (fbclient.dll), of course, too updated.
On Firebird the site of average attendance and the infrastructural projects servicing the data, relevant for a site works.
The problem was while in service found out. After a while Firebird ceases to answer requests of clients. The clients connected earlier, also cease to receive the answer from the server and hang up. Check shows the following:
- In a broad gull firebird.log anything especial is not present.
- Great number owner (s) in fb_lock_print. From above 1000. Earlier on 2.5.2 at the same loading numbers no more than 300-400 were watched.
- Great number of TCP-connections to the server. We trace through netstat-ano.
- The server does not accept new connections, it is impossible to check up monitoring tables, sessions ISQL (and the normal user, and SYSDBA) hang up.
- At attempt to make gfix-shut single-force 0 server does not close connection. The number owners in fb_lock_print remains big.
- Attempt to stop the server through a Windows service stop net stop servicename does not lead to success. The message is produced that the service cannot be stopped.
- Murder of process and service restarting lead after a while to the same situation.
I will repeat that on 2.5.2 all the same worked as years without problems.
Whether it is known about any singularities 2.5.8 SuperClassic in comparison with 2.5.2 SuperClassic which can lead to accumulation of connections (apparently, they are not released) and to something similar?
I will repeat that client libraries fbclient.dll on servers-clients (such as ) updated to the actual version. The source code for operation with a database - Library UIB. Whether something could change in 2.5.8 in comparison with 2.5.2 so, what version UIB working without problems with 2.5.2, breaks on 2.5.8?
Thanks in advance.